- E·va Duar·te de [ee-vuh dwahr-tey duh; Spanish e-vah dwahr-te th e] /ˈi və ˈdwɑr teɪ də; Spanish ˈɛ vɑ ˈdwɑr tɛ ðɛ/, 1919–52, Argentine political figure (wife of Juan Perón).
- Juan (Do·min·go) [wahn duh-ming-goh; Spanish hwahn daw-meeng-gaw] /wɑn dəˈmɪŋ goʊ; Spanish ʰwɑn dɔˈmiŋ gɔ/, 1895–1974, Argentine military and political leader: president 1946–55, 1973–74.
Examples from the Web for peron
Historical Examples of peron
Peron had not originally been a member of the staff of the expedition.
But Peron was not present at the interviews between Flinders and Baudin.
Peron's report, then, did no mischief where he intended that it should.
Peron and Lamarck are in error in their belief that the "poulp" having no fins cannot swim.Toilers of the Sea
Mougé died from diseases occasioned by the climate of Timor, and the hardships of the voyage (See Peron's work).
- Juan Domingo (xwan doˈmɪnɡo). 1895–1974, Argentine soldier and statesman; dictator (1946–55). He was deposed in 1955, remaining in exile until 1973, when he was elected president (1973–74)
- his third wife, María Estella (maˈria esˈteʎa), known as Isabel. born 1931, president of Argentina (1974–76); deposed
- (María) Eva (Duarte) de Perón (ˈeβa), known as Evita. Second wife of Juan Domingo Perón. 1919–52, Argentine film actress: active in politics and social welfare (1946–52)