- of or relating to the cheek or the cheekbone.
- Entomology. pertaining to, involving, or situated near the jugum.
Origin of jugal
Examples from the Web for jugal
Historical Examples of jugal
The jugal (fig. 11, 17) lies above the maxilla and overlaps it in front.
The jugal process meets also a down-growth from the postfrontal.
The lachrymal may either be united to the jugal or may be large and distinct.
The jugal is large, and is not divided into two pieces as it is in the Ziphioids.The Cambridge Natural History, Vol X., Mammalia
Frank Evers Beddard
The outer row is formed of the prmaxilla, maxilla, jugal, and very often quadratojugal.The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume III (of 4)
Francis Maitland Balfour
- of or relating to the zygomatic bone
- Also called: jugal bone other names for zygomatic bone
Word Origin for jugal
- Connected like a yoke.
- Relating to the zygomatic bone.