- of the nature of junk; trashy.
Origin of junky1
Origin of junky2
- a drug addict, especially one addicted to heroin.
- a person with an insatiable craving for something: a chocolate junkie.
- an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee: a baseball junkie.
Origin of junkie
Related Words for junkypoor, dreadful, atrocious, cheap, unacceptable, sad, lousy, crummy, awful, rough, run-down, shabby, inferior, shameful, tacky, sleazy, vulgar, tawdry, distressing, unsuitable
Examples from the Web for junky
Contemporary Examples of junky
More than anything else, Junky reads like a field guide to the American underworld.
Junky—as his novel is now known—combines all these interests.
An economy undermined by junky debt (Greek, rather than subprime) that threatened to prove contagious.Will Stocks Dive Again?
May 11, 2010
Historical Examples of junky
- an informal word for a drug addict, esp one who injects heroin into himself