- infested with lice.
- mean or contemptible: That was a lousy thing to do.
- wretchedly bad; miserable: a lousy job; I feel lousy.
- lousy with, Slang. well supplied with or filled with, often to excess: Our city is lousy with bad drivers. I wish I were lousy with money like my boss.
Origin of lousy
Synonyms for lousySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for lousypoor, shoddy, terrible, second-rate, rotten, horrible, awful, miserable, base, contemptible, despicable, dirty, execrable, faulty, harmful, hateful, inferior, low, mean, outrageous
Examples from the Web for lousy
Contemporary Examples of lousy
Their intentions may be good, but their execution and insight are lousy.Grief: The Real Monster in The Babadook
December 19, 2014
Thailand has had a lousy track record with functioning democracy for many decades.‘The Hunger Games’ Stars Silent on Thai Protesters
November 21, 2014
Peter Shumlin has been doing a lousy job and voters turned against him, even though he outspent his opponent five to one.What the Hell Happened in Vermont?!
November 13, 2014
Not surprisingly, some around Barry Goldwater thought it was a lousy idea.Remembering Reagan’s Defining Speech
October 27, 2014
The Getaway Car is lousy with these throwaway lines and asides.Donald E. Westlake, The Man With The Getaway Face
October 25, 2014
Historical Examples of lousy
Was that lousy Bourguignon going to stop them from having a drink?L'Assommoir
Let them learn thus the price of mutiny in their lousy ranks.The Sea-Hawk
"Hah, now you're being suspicious," I said, lousy with virtue.Sorry: Wrong Dimension
"It's a lousy thing to do," cried Donnelly as he snapped off the set.Rescue Squad
Thomas J. O'Hara
A lousy little piece of tin and glass is going to solve all the crimes.Watchbird
- slang very mean or unpleasanta lousy thing to do
- slang inferior or badthis is a lousy film
- infested with lice
- (foll by with) slang
- provided with an excessive amount (of)he's lousy with money
- full of or teeming with