QUIZ YOURSELF ON "WAS" VS. "WERE"!
OTHER WORDS FROM landlordlandlordly, adjectivelandlordry, nounlandlordship, noun
Words nearby landlord
Example sentences from the Web for landlord
She had stopped at the counter to find out which courtroom she needed to go to for hearing about the money she still owed her former landlord.The stimulus relieved short-term pain, but eviction’s impact is a long haul|Kyle Swenson|February 8, 2021|Washington Post
By summer, the taproom and restaurant, its landlord and the Capitol Riverfront Business Improvement District had closed a parking lane on Half Street SE, filling the space with 17 picnic tables.‘Streateries’ are thriving, but only in some parts of D.C. Now Bowser wants to expand them.|Michael Brice-Saddler, Fritz Hahn|February 1, 2021|Washington Post
The city has more workers than it can house in its own buildings, so it has long leased office space from private landlords.How a Volunteer Helped Get the City Into Its Biggest Real Estate Debacle|Lisa Halverstadt|January 29, 2021|Voice of San Diego
On Monday, Newsom and state leaders pledged to pay off 80 percent of the unpaid rent if landlords agree to forgive the remaining 20 percent.San Diegans Are Drowning in Water Debt During COVID-19|MacKenzie Elmer|January 27, 2021|Voice of San Diego
Under the new enforcement policy, the city will work with landlords of persistent violators to bring them into compliance.North County Report: Carlsbad to Step Up Restaurant Enforcement|Kayla Jimenez|January 21, 2021|Voice of San Diego
To make matters worse, Kromah says his landlord has given him an eviction notice.This Man Lost 35 Relatives to Ebola and His Community Wants Him Gone|Wade C.L. Williams|October 30, 2014|DAILY BEAST
And people searching to take over a lease can select “landlord approved” apartments to streamline the process.
Noor was in the summer camp workshops the day the landlord predator was discovered and ejected.
“I was warned by my landlord to leave his house before someone burns it down because of my gay work and sexuality,” he says.Uganda Gays Face New Wave of Fear Under Anti-Gay Bill|Caelainn Hogan|February 24, 2014|DAILY BEAST
One landlord even paid somebody to hurl a Molotov cocktail into an apartment just to smoke out tenants and jack up rents.
Aristide washed and powdered Jean himself, the landlord lounging by, pipe in mouth, administering suggestions.
The landlord handed him his bill—'Two weeks board at five dollars—ten dollars.'
"In a moment, sir," answered the landlord respectfully, and he turned again to the Parisian.
Before the distressed landlord could utter a word, the stranger had wheeled about again to face Garnache.
The landlord, an unstoppable gramophone of garrulity, entering by the street-door and bearing down upon him, put him to flight.