- formal permission from a governmental or other constituted authority to do something, as to carry on some business or profession.
- a certificate, tag, plate, etc., giving proof of such permission; official permit: a driver's license.
- permission to do or not to do something.
- intentional deviation from rule, convention, or fact, as for the sake of literary or artistic effect: poetic license.
- exceptional freedom allowed in a special situation.
- excessive or undue freedom or liberty.
- the legal right to use a patent owned by another.
- to grant authoritative permission or license to.
Origin of license
Examples from the Web for licensor
Historical Examples of licensor
All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You.
"Licensor" means the individual, individuals, entity or entities that offer(s) the Work under the terms of this License.
This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.
The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- to grant or give a licence for (something, such as the sale of alcohol)
- to give permission to or for
see licence. Related: Licensed; licensing.