or life style, life-style
- the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.
- pertaining to or catering to a certain lifestyle: unhealthy lifestyle choices; lifestyle advertising; a luxury lifestyle hotel.
- (of a drug) used to treat a medical condition that is not life-threatening or painful: lifestyle drugs for baldness.
Origin of lifestyle
Examples from the Web for lifestyle
Contemporary Examples of lifestyle
That gays (and other liberals) should choose Canadian oil because Canada “has no laws prohibiting LGBT lifestyle.”How Canadian Oilmen Pinkwash the Keystone Pipeline
December 28, 2014
As quick as they were going out, they were getting stuff—living a lifestyle where they wanted luxury.The Insane $11 Billion Scam at Retailers’ Return Desks
December 19, 2014
The Macallan represents a lifestyle; the kind that represents a person set on mastering their craft.The Restaurant, Flask, And Photography Worthy of The Macallan Whisky
December 16, 2014
Vreeland believes that in the end, his grandmother put her subtle seal of approval on his lifestyle.From Fashion Player to Photographer Monk
December 3, 2014
Richard Wright would never see eye to eye with you about your lifestyle.Living Black & Gay in the ’50s
December 3, 2014
Historical Examples of lifestyle
We are progressive, learning and growing in philosophy and lifestyle.The Revolutions of Time
His was but an updated version appealing to the mobile North American lifestyle.The Land of Look Behind
Paul Cameron Brown
Cooking and making ice with the funnel cooker/cooler will permit a significant change in lifestyle.The BYU Solar Cooker/Cooler
Steven E. Jones
- a set of attitudes, habits, or possessions associated with a particular person or group
- such attitudes, etc, regarded as fashionable or desirable
- a luxurious semirural manner of living
- (as modifier)a lifestyle property
- suggestive of a fashionable or desirable lifestylea lifestyle café
- (of a drug) designed to treat problems, such as impotence or excess weight, which affect a person's quality of life rather than his or her health
- A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group.