- Cards. a game of draw poker in which the player having the lowest-ranking hand wins the pot.
- to deliberately estimate a lower price for (a service or merchandise) than one intends to charge: to lowball the cost of a move.
- to give a false estimate or bid for.
- to engage in lowballing.
- engaged in or characteristic of lowballing: a lowball bid.
Origin of lowball
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a game of poker in which the player with the lowest hand wins
- a very low estimate or offer
- (as modifier)a lowball bid
- (tr) to make a very low estimate or offer for (a service, product, company, etc)