- of or relating to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or their language.
Origin of Macedonian
Examples from the Web for macedonian
Contemporary Examples of macedonian
Greece has high hopes that the giant tomb now being excavated at Amphipolis contains one of these ancient Macedonian leaders.Amphipolis Tomb Yields Amazing Finds But Mysteries Linger
October 17, 2014
The Macedonian empire quickly cracked up, however, leaving behind multiple successor states under Greek-speaking royal families.Why the Roman Republic Died
September 21, 2012
Macedonian authorities have lodged an official complaint to the European Union, but the practice continues.Syrian Immigrants Flood Greece
Barbie Latza Nadeau
August 26, 2012
Historical Examples of macedonian
Beside the driver (a Macedonian) marched a soldier with fixed bayonet.Bulgaria
This, he said, was due to him after his arduous time in the Macedonian mountains.The Birth of Yugoslavia, Volume 1
The action had lasted about an hour and a half, when the Macedonian struck.
It was the United States and the Macedonian on a smaller scale.
The work extends from the creation to the end of the second Macedonian war.
- of or relating to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or any of their languages or dialects
- a native or inhabitant of Macedonia
- the language of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, belonging to the south Slavonic branch of the Indo-European family
- an extinct language spoken in ancient Macedonia