- infested with maggots, as food.
- Archaic. having queer notions; full of whims.
- Australian Slang. angry; bad-tempered.
Origin of maggoty
Examples from the Web for maggoty
Historical Examples of maggoty
And this is why maggoty mushrooms are so often found exposed for sale in summer.Mushrooms: how to grow them
But should you happen to be a little—well, maggoty, you positively do not have to tell me.The Marooner
Charles A. Stearns
Perhaps, dear, she has some interesting internal disease, or a maggoty brain.Wanted: A Cook
We can't live on rum, maggoty bread, and foul water—that's sure.No Defense, Complete
He had an ironplated stomach, but putrid and maggoty meat was too much for it.Si Klegg, Book 1 (of 6)
- relating to, resembling, or ridden with maggots
- slang very drunk
- Australian slang annoyed, angry