- having, caused by, or like the mange.
- contemptible; mean: a mangy trick.
- squalid; shabby: a mangy little suburb.
Origin of mangy
Examples from the Web for mangey
Historical Examples of mangey
It was one of those little one-ring affairs, you know, with a mangey camel, and a moth-eaten lion and a troop of trained dogs.Quarter-Back Bates
Ralph Henry Barbour
Of course, the mangey creature—ceasing the while from its perennial self-scratching—will hoot something derogatory.Pickwickian Studies
- a variant spelling of mangy
- having or caused by mangea mangy dog
- scruffy or shabbya mangy carpet
- Irish informal stingy or miserlya mangy reward