- Beryl,1902–86, English aviation pioneer: first woman to fly solo over the Atlantic Ocean east to west 1936.
- (Charles) Edwin,1852–1940, U.S. poet.
- Mount, a mountain in Antarctica, SW of the Ross Sea. 15,100 feet (4600 meters).
- a town in SE Ontario, in S Canada, near Toronto.
- a city in NE Illinois, near Chicago.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for markham
The testiness reflects an ambivalence in the field about what Markham and the Blue Brain team are trying to do.Neuro Smackdown: Scientists Debate How to Solve the Mystery of the Brain
April 4, 2012
Both Markham and Worldco were affiliated with Byrd and Melanie Billings.The Missing Murder Suspect
July 31, 2009
Both Markham and Worldco were affiliated with Byrd “Bud” and Melanie Billings.New Suspect in Florida Killings
July 23, 2009
Markham affirms that the words mean "A chance, or lucky, game-cock!"South American Fights and Fighters
Cyrus Townsend Brady
At school, too, Markham's conversation had a particularity known to distinguish it.The English Spy
“He who has not tasted the chirimoya fruit, has yet to learn what fruit is,” says Markham.The Western World
Mrs. Markham also remembered that it was about five o'clock—or was it six?
"I should think we all were asleep or dreaming here," said Mrs. Markham briskly.
- Mount Markham a mountain in Antarctica, in Victoria Land. Height: 4350 m (14 272 ft)