- of or relating to the mastoid process.
- resembling a breast or nipple.
- the mastoid process.
Origin of mastoid
Examples from the Web for mastoid
Historical Examples of mastoid
When the grafting is done at the completion of the mastoid operation.
This will diminish the risk of septic infection from the mastoid cavity.
The mastoid processes are large, which might be expected, as their hearing is acute.The Bushman
Edward Wilson Landor
Many skeletons had a single turquois near the mastoid process of the skull, showing that they had been worn as ear pendants.Archeological Expedition to Arizona in 1895
Jesse Walter Fewkes
In both sexes the zygomatic breadth is less, but the mastoid breadth is greater than in albicaudatus.The Pocket Gophers (Genus Thomomys) of Utah, Vol. 1 No. 1
Stephen D. Durrant
- shaped like a nipple or breast
- designating or relating to a nipple-like process of the temporal bone behind the ear
- the mastoid process
- informal mastoiditis
- The mastoid process.
- Of or relating to the mastoid process, antrum, or sinuses.
- Shaped like a breast or nipple.