- of or being a maximum; greatest possible; highest.
Origin of maximal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for maximal
If you wanted create a scandal to have maximal appeal to GOP base freakout, this is it.Why the IRS Scandal Matters
May 14, 2013
Single staining is attained on the principle of maximal decoloration.Histology of the Blood
In the condition of maximal spreading the animals appear black.Darwin and Modern Science
A.C. Seward and Others
The first egg segmenting at a given temperature has the maximal, the last egg segmenting has the minimal mass of enzyme.The Organism as a Whole
Inner tubes are therefore cured to give a long life without developing the maximal physical properties.The Preparation of Plantation Rubber
Maximal survival at -79° C. was obtained at the 7-percent glycerol level.Preservation of Bull Semen at Sub-Zero Temperatures
N. L. VanDemark
- of, relating to, or achieving a maximum; being the greatest or best possible
- maths (of a member of an ordered set) being preceded, in order, by all other members of the set
Word Origin and History for maximal
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.