- of or being a maximum; greatest possible; highest.
Origin of maximal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for maximally
Contemporary Examples of maximally
What's important for religious conservatives is to accomodate this change while maximally protecting religious freedom.What's Marriage's Future?
February 22, 2013
- of, relating to, or achieving a maximum; being the greatest or best possible
- maths (of a member of an ordered set) being preceded, in order, by all other members of the set
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.