- of or being a maximum; greatest possible; highest.
Origin of maximal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for maximally
What's important for religious conservatives is to accomodate this change while maximally protecting religious freedom.What's Marriage's Future?
February 22, 2013
- of, relating to, or achieving a maximum; being the greatest or best possible
- maths (of a member of an ordered set) being preceded, in order, by all other members of the set
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for maximally
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.