- of or being a maximum; greatest possible; highest.
Origin of maximal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for maximally
What's important for religious conservatives is to accomodate this change while maximally protecting religious freedom.What's Marriage's Future?
February 22, 2013
- of, relating to, or achieving a maximum; being the greatest or best possible
- maths (of a member of an ordered set) being preceded, in order, by all other members of the set
Word Origin and History for maximally
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.