- the manufactured goods bought and sold in any business.
- the stock of goods in a store.
- goods, especially manufactured goods; commodities.
- to carry on trade.
- to buy and sell; deal in; trade.
- to plan for and promote the sales of.
Origin of merchandise
Examples from the Web for merchandised
In 1867 he moved to Union County and merchandised until 1884.History of Kershaw's Brigade
D. Augustus Dickert
- commercial goods; commodities
- to engage in the commercial purchase and sale of (goods or services); trade
Word Origin and History for merchandised
mid-13c., "trading, commerce;" mid-14c., "commodities of commerce, wares, articles for sale or trade," from Anglo-French marchaundise, Old French marcheandise "goods, merchandise; trade, business" (12c.), from marchaunt "merchant" (see merchant).