- of or relating to a thousand, especially the thousand years of the prophesied millennium.
- of or relating to the millennium, especially of Christian prophecy, or millennialism: millenarian zeal.
- a believer in the coming of the millennium.
Origin of millenarian
Examples from the Web for millenarian
Historical Examples of millenarian
When Islm entered upon the tenth century of its existence, there was throughout Persia and India a millenarian movement.The Faith of Islam
She had become deeply impressed with the millenarian fervour which laid hold of so many some twenty-five or thirty years ago.The Fair Haven
- of or relating to a thousand or to a thousand years
- of or relating to the millennium or millenarianism
- an adherent of millenarianism
1550s, "one who believes in the coming of the (Christian) millennium," from Latin millenarius (see millennium) + -ian. As an adjective, "pertaining to the millennium," from 1630s. Related: Millennarianism.