- consisting of or pertaining to a thousand, especially a thousand years.
- pertaining to the millennium.
Origin of millenary
Related Words for millenarymillenarian, millenary, millennium, chiliad, chiliastic, millennial, millesimal
Examples from the Web for millenary
Historical Examples of millenary
At Hertford, a pageant began in commemoration of the millenary of the town.The Annual Register 1914
Least of all is any mysterious virtue to be attached to the millenary date with which I begin.The Ancient East
D. G. Hogarh
The fourth is the Jaik or Rhymnus, on each bank of which a millenary commands.
Many legends illustrate the incapacity of the first millenary to realise the relationship between the sexes in any other sense.The Evolution of Love
The Millenary Petition asked only some changes in the ritual of the Church and certain moderate reforms.
- a sum or aggregate of one thousand, esp one thousand years
- another word for a millennium
- another word for millenarian
Word Origin for millenary
"consisting of a thousand," 1570s, from Latin millenarius (see millennium).