- of or relating to a minimum wage: minimum-wage demands.
- paid or earning a minimum wage: a minimum-wage worker.
- paying a minimum wage: a minimum-wage job.
- the lowest wage payable to employees in general or to designated employees as fixed by law or by union agreement.
Origin of minimum wage
Examples from the Web for minimum-wage
Contemporary Examples of minimum-wage
Three days later, BrewDog's operation manager offered him a minimum-wage assistant brewer position.House of the Witch: The Renegade Craft Brewers of Panama
November 30, 2014
Because that minimum-wage hike was a project of the federal government, and that means that you-know-who was for it.
And yet this same Arkansas electorate voted nearly two-to-one to back a minimum-wage increase.
By contrast, a minimum puts a floor under wages—for minimum-wage workers and for those who earn just above the minimum wage.Don’t Cheap Out, Big Biz!
February 13, 2013
Minimum-wage legislation would no longer be needed as it would be established via this Job Guarantee program.Don't Trust the Fed
August 29, 2010
Historical Examples of minimum-wage
Now I studied the arguments and the evidence for and against a minimum-wage increase.
- the lowest wage that an employer is permitted to pay by law or union contract
The lowest legal hourly wage.