- Biology. bearing either only males or only females.
- Genetics. pertaining to a character controlled by one pair of genes.
Origin of monogenic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for monogenic
In asexual (monogenic) reproduction there is continuity of the same idioplasm.A Mechanico-Physiological Theory of Organic Evolution
Carl Von Ngeli
- genetics of or relating to an inherited character difference that is controlled by a single gene
- (of animals) producing offspring of one sex
- Of or relating to monogenesis; monogenetic.
- Relating to monogenism.
- Of or regulated by one gene or one of a pair of allelic genes, as an inherited characteristic or a hereditary disease.