- of or relating to a monolith.
- made of only one stone: a monolithic column.
- consisting of one piece; solid or unbroken: a boat with a monolithic hull.
- constructed of monoliths or huge blocks of stone: the monolithic monuments of the New Stone Age.
- characterized by massiveness, total uniformity, rigidity, invulnerability, etc.: a monolithic society.
- Electronics. of or relating to an integrated circuit formed in a single chip.
Origin of monolithic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of, relating to, or like a monolith
- characterized by hugeness, impenetrability, or intractabilitya monolithic government
- electronics (of an integrated circuit) having all components manufactured into or on top of a single chip of siliconSee hybrid (def. 6)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper