- AshleyMontague Francis Ashley Montagu, 1905–1999, U.S. anthropologist and writer, born in England.
- Charles, 1st Earl of Halifax,1661–1715, British statesman: prime minister 1714–15.
- Lady Mary Wort·ley [wurt-lee] /ˈwɜrt li/, Mary Pierrepont, 1689–1762, English author.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for montagu
Montagu and the Chinese had carefully chosen the recipients of the journalistic visas.
Before departing, the ITTF delegates met one more time, and President Montagu was “reelected without any other nominations.”
"Heed not their ribald scoffs," said Montagu Percy, loftily.
Montagu Percy made a motion to pursue his tormentors, but desisted.
Mr. Horne's appointment and the amoval of Mr. Montagu were confirmed.
She has said so to her father, the Duke de Montbazon, and to Montagu.Political Women (Vol. 1 of 2)
I suppose you will not be exactly in love with the wamey Dutchmen, Mr. Montagu?A Daughter of Raasay
William MacLeod Raine
- Charles. See (Earl of) Halifax (def. 2)
- Lady Mary Wortley. 1689–1762, English writer, noted for her Letters from the East (1763)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012