- the development of structural features of an organism or part.
Origin of morphogenesis
Examples from the Web for morphogenic
Historical Examples of morphogenic
Morphogenic—a derivative; pertaining to morphogeny; a kosmic process (vide figs. 17 and 18).The Mystery of Space
Robert T. Browne
In other flowers this morphogenic wavering inclines towards the bracts rather than towards the corolla.Everyday Objects
W. H. Davenport Adams
The morphogenic power of osmosis gives rise to an infinite variety of forms.
The morphogenic action of diffusion produces osmotic growths of extreme variety.
- the development of form and structure in an organism during its growth from embryo to adult
- the evolutionary development of form in an organism or part of an organism
- Differentiation of cells and tissues in the early embryo which results in establishing the form and structure of the various organs and parts of the body.
- Formation of the structure of an organism or part involving differentiation and growth of tissues and organs during development.