- an implement of stone or other substance with a flat base for grinding paints, powders, etc., on a slab of stone or the like.
- any of various mechanical devices for grinding.
Origin of muller1
Origin of muller2
- Hermann Joseph,1890–1967, U.S. geneticist: Nobel Prize in medicine 1946.
- Frie·drich Max [free-drik maks; German free-drikh mahks] /ˈfri drɪk mæks; German ˈfri drɪx mɑks/, 1823–1900, English Sanskrit scholar and philologist born in Germany.
- Jo·hann [yoh-hahn] /ˈyoʊ hɑn/, Regiomontanus, 1436–76, German mathematician and astronomer.
- Jo·han·nes Pe·ter [yoh-hah-nuh s pey-ter] /yoʊˈhɑ nəs ˈpeɪ tər/, 1801–58, German physiologist and comparative anatomist.
- Karl Alex,born 1927, Swiss physicist, codiscoverer of superconductivity: Nobel prize 1987.
- Wil·helm [vil-helm] /ˈvɪl hɛlm/, 1794–1827, German poet.
Examples from the Web for muller
Contemporary Examples of muller
In Aug. 2003, Muller said he believed Cobalt was merely a holding facility.Inside the CIA’s Sadistic Dungeon
December 9, 2014
The cabin and its pond are about a thousand yards off Reit Road in Otselic, on the edge of Muller Hill State Forest.The Stacks: The Searing Story of How Murder Stalked a Tiny New York Town
E. Jean Carroll
April 19, 2014
Germany is probably the quickest, most attacking team—Ozil, Muller, Gotze and Reus go at teams like a squadron of fighter jets.Inside the World Cup Draw: Devastating for the U.S., Great for Brazil
December 6, 2013
According to Radar, Muller “had been using drugs for days and was not in her right mind.”Amanda Bynes Placed Under 5150 Hold. But What Is It?
July 24, 2013
“His health is good, but he has a bit of a shaking syndrome that white dogs get,” Muller says.Hollywood's Top Dog: 'The Artist' Star Uggie
December 5, 2011
Historical Examples of muller
Captain Muller understood that the conversation was at an end.
You are going to put Captain Muller in the way of things here, Commandant, are you not?
"Well, it would come to the same, whoever let it off," said Muller.The Captain of the Pole-Star and Other Tales
Arthur Conan Doyle
I suppose you got that letter, father, that I sent from Constantinople, from Mr. Muller?At Aboukir and Acre
George Alfred Henty
Muller ransacked his brains and looked again at Gurn, then shook his head.Fantmas
- a flat heavy implement of stone or iron used to grind material against a slab of stone
Word Origin for muller
- Hermann Joseph. 1890–1967, US geneticist, noted for his work on the transmutation of genes by X-rays: Nobel prize for physiology or medicine 1946
- Friedrich Max (ˈfriːdrɪç maks). 1823–1900, British Sanskrit scholar born in Germany
- Johann (joˈhan).See Regiomontanus
- Johannes Peter (joˈhanəs ˈpeːtər). 1801–58, German physiologist, anatomist, and experimental psychologist
- Paul Hermann (paul ˈhɛrman). 1899–1965, Swiss chemist. He synthesized DDT (1939) and discovered its use as an insecticide: Nobel prize for physiology or medicine 1948
- American geneticist. He won a 1946 Nobel Prize for the study of the hereditary effect of x-rays on genes.
- German physiologist who studied the physiology of the nerves and sense organs and described (1825) the müllerian duct.