- inflammation of the substance of the spinal cord.
- inflammation of the bone marrow.
Origin of myelitis
Examples from the Web for myelitis
Historical Examples of myelitis
When the tumor is within the spinal cord itself all the symptoms of myelitis may be present.
Myelitis may be confined to a small spot in the cord or may involve the whole for a variable distance.
Myelitis, mī-e-lī′tis, n. inflammation of the substance of the spinal cord.
In encephalitis and myelitis there is an interruption of motor nerve-currents.
Affections of the Spinal Cord are extremely rare, but paraplegia from myelitis has been observed.Manual of Surgery
Alexis Thomson and Alexander Miles
- inflammation of the spinal cord or of the bone marrow
- Inflammation of the spinal cord.
- Inflammation of the bone marrow.