- excessive constriction of the pupil of the eye, as a result of drugs, disease, or the like.
Origin of miosis
Examples from the Web for myosis
Historical Examples of myosis
An example of this kind of myosis is the action of muscarine.Poisons: Their Effects and Detection
Alexander Wynter Blyth
Myosis produced by means of solutions of various drugs, a myosis followed by reduction of intra-ocular tension.Glaucoma
Examination showed slight atrophy of both optic nerves, Argyll-Robertson pupil, and myosis.Fat and Blood
S. Weir Mitchell
- a variant spelling of miosis
- excessive contraction of the pupil of the eye, as in response to drugs
- a variant spelling of meiosis (def. 1)
Word Origin for miosis
- Variant ofmiosis
- The period of decline of a disease in which the intensity of the symptoms begins to diminish.
- Constriction of the pupil of the eye, resulting from a normal response to an increase in light or caused by certain drugs or pathological conditions.