- a member of any of the disparate tribal peoples of Nagaland and bordering areas of Burma.
- any of the Tibeto-Burman languages spoken by the Naga.
- a city on E Cebu, in the S central Philippines.
Examples from the Web for naga
Historical Examples of naga
That must have been a naga, Pete, from the size of it, and having men on board.Trapped by Malays
George Manville Fenn
Here, and at Naga not far off, are the remains of the temples of the Can-daces, great buildings of semi-barbaric Egyptian style.History Of Egypt, Chalda, Syria, Babylonia, And Assyria In The Light Of Recent Discovery
L.W. King and H.R. Hall
Naga ayom-ayom sia lamang (he manages it) sa dacong cacugui.English-Bisaya Grammar
They had vowed to slay Iravat, son of Arjuna and the Naga princess.Indian Myth and Legend
Donald Alexander Mackenzie
Well did the Naga Hills campaign, prove the truth of his words.My Experiences in Manipur and the Naga Hills
- plural Nagas or Naga a member of a people of NE India and W Myanmar: until the early 20th century they practised head-hunting
- the language of this people, belonging to the Sino-Tibetan family of languages and having many dialects
in Hindu mythology, race of serpent demons, offspring of Kaduru, guardians of the under-regions; 1785, from Sanskrit naga "serpent, snake," of unknown origin.