- to subject to or treat with a narcotic; stupefy.
- to make dull; stupefy; deaden the awareness of: He had used liquor to narcotize his anxieties.
- to act as a narcotic: a remedy that does not heal but merely narcotizes.
Also especially British, nar·co·tise.
Origin of narcotize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (tr) to place under the influence of a narcotic drug
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- To place under the influence of a narcotic.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.