- disintegration of nerve tissue.
- exhaustion of a nerve by excess stimulation.
- Surgery. separation of adhesions from a nerve fiber.
Origin of neurolysis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- The breaking down or destruction of nerve tissue, especially as a result of disease.
- The surgical freeing of a nerve from inflammatory adhesions.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.