[kuh n-vey-uh ns]
- the act of conveying; transmission; communication.
- a means of transporting, especially a vehicle, as a bus, airplane, or automobile.
- the transfer of property from one person to another.
- the instrument or document by which this is effected.
Origin of conveyance
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the act of conveying
- a means of transport
- a transfer of the legal title to property
- the document effecting such a transfer
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-conveyances
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper