- of, relating to, or applying optics or the principles of optics.
- constructed to assist sight or to correct defects in vision.
- of or relating to sight or vision; visual.
- of or relating to the eye.
- of or relating to an optician or opticians or to their products, especially eyeglasses: an optical service.
- dealing with or skilled in optics.
- opticals. optical effects.
Origin of optical
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-optical
Historical Examples of non-optical
The vision of our dreams—to keep to vision alone for greater simplicity—is non-optical vision.Human Personality and its Survival of Bodily Death
Frederick W. H. Myers
- of, relating to, producing, or involving light
- of or relating to the eye or to the sense of sight; optic
- (esp of a lens) aiding vision or correcting a visual disorder
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-optical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to vision or the eyes.
- Relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.