- something ornamental; decoration; adornment.
- a plant cultivated for decorative purposes.
Origin of ornamental
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of value as an ornament; decorative
- (of a plant) used to decorate houses, gardens, etc
- a plant cultivated for show or decoration
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-ornamental
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper