OTHER WORDS FROM reference
How to use reference in a sentence
There was a lot of positive feedback from people interested in non-gender binary people.
In 2011 LGBT media outlet Queerty took the app to task for allegedly deleting accounts that made reference to being trans.
He then provides some insight into his psyche - complete with Animal House reference.Huckabee 2016: Bend Over and Take It Like a Prisoner!|Olivia Nuzzi|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
She ultimately ditched JSwipe after about a week and found her current, non-Jewish, boyfriend on OkCupid.
An atheist counsels his fellow non-believers on how not to talk to people of faith.
The expatriated ex-rebels became alarmed by the non-receipt of the indemnity instalment and the news from their homes.The Philippine Islands|John Foreman
He also states that the Audiencia is virtually non-existent, and so there is no high court in which justice may be sought.
These Eskimos were very fond of kite-flying, for its own sake, without reference to utility!The Giant of the North|R.M. Ballantyne
De moi, je ne say qu'en dire, d'autant que je ne veux affirmer ny le si ny le non en ce dont je n'ay vidence.
Certes le capitaine Merveilles et ses gens monstrerent leur pit non vulgaire.
British Dictionary definitions for reference
- the relation between a word, phrase, or symbol and the object or idea to which it refers
- the object referred to by an expressionCompare sense (def. 12)
- a source of information or facts
- (as modifier)a reference book; a reference library
- (foll by to) relation or delimitation, esp to or by membership of a specific class or group; respect or regardall people, without reference to sex or age
- (as modifier)a reference group
Derived forms of referencereferencer, nounreferential (ˌrɛfəˈrɛnʃəl), adjective
Other Idioms and Phrases with reference
see in regard (reference) to.