- of or relating to a system.
- Physiology, Pathology.
- pertaining to or affecting the body as a whole.
- pertaining to or affecting a particular body system.
- (of a pesticide) absorbed and circulated by a plant or other organism so as to be lethal to pests that feed on it.
Origin of systemic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a systemic pesticide, fungicide, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of or relating to a system.
- Of, relating to, or affecting the entire body or an entire organism.
- Relating to or affecting a particular body system, especially the nervous system.
- Relating to systemic circulation.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.