- pertaining to a clinic.
- concerned with or based on actual observation and treatment of disease in patients rather than experimentation or theory.
- extremely objective and realistic; dispassionately analytic; unemotionally critical: She regarded him with clinical detachment.
- pertaining to or used in a sickroom: a clinical bandage.
- (of a sacrament) administered on a deathbed or sickbed.
- (of a convert or conversion) made on a deathbed or sickbed.
Origin of clinical
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to a clinic
- of or relating to the bedside of a patient, the course of his disease, or the observation and treatment of patients directlya clinical lecture; clinical medicine
- scientifically detached; strictly objectivea clinical attitude to life
- plain, simple, and usually unattractiveclinical furniture
Word Origin and History for nonclinical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to the bedside treatment of a patient or to the course of the disease.
- Relating to the observed symptoms and course of a disease.