- pertaining to a clinic.
- concerned with or based on actual observation and treatment of disease in patients rather than experimentation or theory.
- extremely objective and realistic; dispassionately analytic; unemotionally critical: She regarded him with clinical detachment.
- pertaining to or used in a sickroom: a clinical bandage.
- (of a sacrament) administered on a deathbed or sickbed.
- (of a convert or conversion) made on a deathbed or sickbed.
Origin of clinical
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to a clinic
- of or relating to the bedside of a patient, the course of his disease, or the observation and treatment of patients directlya clinical lecture; clinical medicine
- scientifically detached; strictly objectivea clinical attitude to life
- plain, simple, and usually unattractiveclinical furniture
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to the bedside treatment of a patient or to the course of the disease.
- Relating to the observed symptoms and course of a disease.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.