- of or relating to cognition; concerned with the act or process of knowing, perceiving, etc. : cognitive development; cognitive functioning.
- of or relating to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.
Origin of cognitive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for noncognitiveemotional, feeling, intuitive, visceral, emotive, noncognitive, perceptual
- of or relating to cognition
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for noncognitive
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, characterized by, involving, or relating to cognition.
- Having a basis in or reducible to empirical factual knowledge.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.