- of, relating to, or of the nature of mathematics: mathematical truth.
- employed in the operations of mathematics: mathematical instruments.
- having the exactness, precision, or certainty of mathematics.
Origin of mathematical
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
less commonly mathematic
- of, used in, or relating to mathematics
- characterized by or using the precision of mathematics; exact
- using, determined by, or in accordance with the principles of mathematics
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for nonmathematical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper