- of, relating to, or of the nature of mathematics: mathematical truth.
- employed in the operations of mathematics: mathematical instruments.
- having the exactness, precision, or certainty of mathematics.
Origin of mathematical
SynonymsSee more synonyms for mathematical on Thesaurus.com
3. exact, precise, meticulous, rigorous.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
less commonly mathematic
- of, used in, or relating to mathematics
- characterized by or using the precision of mathematics; exact
- using, determined by, or in accordance with the principles of mathematics
Word Origin and History for nonmathematical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper