- an act or instance of or the process or result of numbering or counting.
- the process or a method of reckoning or calculating.
- the act, art, or method of expressing or reading off numbers set down in numerals, especially those written decimally.
Origin of numeration
Related Words for numerationreckoning, calculation, sum, tally, enumeration, outcome, result, computation, toll, total, poll, whole
Examples from the Web for numeration
Historical Examples of numeration
Nor did any other ancient people carry the numeration as far as did the Hindus.The Hindu-Arabic Numerals
David Eugene Smith
Above forty, three different methods can be used to continue the numeration.
By their aid another method of numeration was in vogue for counting time.
Unfortunately the numeration of the sculpture in the Louvre is in a most chaotic state.The Story of Paris
The extent to which the numeration is carried is a matter of more importance.Opuscula
Robert Gordon Latham
- the act or process of writing, reading, or naming numbers
- a system of numbering or counting
mid-15c., from Latin numerationem (nominative numeratio), noun of action from past participle stem of numerare "to count, number," from numerus "number" (see number (n.)).