Origin of obsessive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- psychiatry motivated by a persistent overriding idea or impulse, often associated with anxiety and mental illness
- continually preoccupied with a particular activity, person, or thing
- psychiatry a person subject to obsession
- a person who is continually preoccupied with a particular activity, person, or thing
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for obsessiveness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, characteristic of, or causing an obsession.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.