- Also called one-two punch. Boxing. a left-hand jab immediately followed by a right cross.
- Informal. any strong or effective combination of two people or things: The old one-two of a good passer and a good receiver is the best way to win football games.
- Fencing. a type of attack made up of two movements.
- employing or suggesting a one-two; with one major or powerful thing or person combined with or following another.
Origin of one-two
First recorded in 1800–10
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- boxing a jab with the leading hand followed by a cross with the other hand
- soccer another term for wall pass