Origin of conscious
synonym study for conscious
OTHER WORDS FROM conscious
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH consciousconscience, conscious
How to use conscious in a sentence
They are always suspended over a precipice, dangling by a slender thread that shows every sign of snapping.
And now, similarly, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee: "Bend over and take it like a prisoner!"Huckabee 2016: Bend Over and Take It Like a Prisoner!|Olivia Nuzzi|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
Perhaps on his own nowadays, Epstein is trying his best to webmaster over a dozen URLs.Sleazy Billionaire’s Double Life Featured Beach Parties With Stephen Hawking|M.L. Nestel|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
But yes, I pictured a James Bond-type just sauntering over to her.‘Archer’ Creator Adam Reed Spills Season 6 Secrets, From Surreal Plotlines to Life Post-ISIS|Marlow Stern|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
The debate over who really pulled off the Sony hack, then, could continue indefinitely.
It is most peculiar, and when he plays that way, the most bewitching little expression comes over his face.Music-Study in Germany|Amy Fay
All over the world the just claims of organized labor are intermingled with the underground conspiracy of social revolution.The Unsolved Riddle of Social Justice|Stephen Leacock
After we had passed over this desert, we found several garisons to defend the caravans from the violence of the Tartars.
After relievedly giving the pistol to the nearest soldier, he stumbled quickly over to Brion and took his hand.Sense of Obligation|Henry Maxwell Dempsey (AKA Harry Harrison)
Solely over one man therein thou hast quite absolute control.Pearls of Thought|Maturin M. Ballou
British Dictionary definitions for conscious
- alert and awake; not sleeping or comatose
- aware of one's surroundings, one's own thoughts and motivations, etc
- aware of and giving value or emphasis to a particular fact or phenomenonI am conscious of your great kindness to me
- (in combination)clothes-conscious
- denoting or relating to a part of the human mind that is aware of a person's self, environment, and mental activity and that to a certain extent determines his choices of action
- (as noun)the conscious is only a small part of the mind