- a process for reproducing line drawings, manuscripts, and the like on a sensitized paper developed by ammonia vapor.
- (sometimes lowercase) a reproduction made by this process.
- (sometimes lowercase) of or relating to the Ozalid process.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ozalid
Historical Examples of ozalid
He spent the next two hours in the ozalid room, leafing through the print files.Felony
- trademark a method of duplicating typematter, illustrations, etc, when printed on translucent paper. It is used for proofing
- a reproduction produced by this method
Word Origin for Ozalid
C20: formed by reversing diazo and inserting l
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012