- situated near the thyroid gland.
Origin of parathyroid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for parathyroid
Historical Examples of parathyroid
With this idea Ingier added thyroid, hypophysis, thymus and parathyroid to the food of guinea-pigs, or gave it parenterally.Scurvy Past and Present
Alfred Fabian Hess
- situated near the thyroid gland
- of or relating to the parathyroid glands
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Adjacent to the thyroid gland.
- Of, relating to, or obtained from the parathyroid glands.
- Either of the parathyroid glands.
- A parathyroid hormone.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.