OTHER WORDS FOR patent
Origin of patent
synonym study for patent
OTHER WORDS FROM patent
How to use patent in a sentence
A machine-made article therefore is not patentable simply because it is thus made, and no longer by hand.
An idea, principle or law of nature is not patentable, but only the means for utilizing the idea or principle.
A Patent Attorney, must, of very necessity, be disposed to find practically everything submitted to him "to be patentable."How to Succeed as an Inventor|Goodwin B. Smith
It was estimated that this iron-clad vessel contained at least forty patentable contrivances.
The mechanical details are rarely of great importance as far as the patentable feap.Practical Pointers for Patentees|Franklin Cresee
British Dictionary definitions for patent
- a government grant to an inventor assuring him the sole right to make, use, and sell his invention for a limited period
- a document conveying such a grant
- an official document granting a right
- any right granted by such a document
- a grant by the government of title to public lands
- the instrument by which such title is granted
- the land so granted