- wide at the hips and narrowing to the ankle: peg-top trousers; peg-top skirts.
Origin of peg-top
- a child's wooden top that spins on a metal peg.
- peg tops, peg-top trousers.
Origin of peg top
Examples from the Web for peg-top
Historical Examples of peg-top
Mayakin spoke fast, whirling like a peg-top amid the crowd of people.Foma Gordyeff
The adjoining figure (Fig. 101) gives a view of the peg-top.The Story of the Heavens
Robert Stawell Ball
It spins to brave music, this peg-top, but its metier is to spin.In Vanity Fair
Eleanor Hoyt Brainerd
"I'll stay at home with Peg-top," he said, in his slow, distinct way.Little Miss Peggy
My head do turn round, just for all the world like a peg-top.
- (of skirts, trousers, etc) wide at the hips then tapering off towards the ankle
- a child's spinning top, usually made of wood with a metal centre pin