- a position on the inside of the track in any race.
- (in auto racing) a starting position on the inside of the front row.
- an advantageous position.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (in motor racing) the starting position on the inside of the front row, generally considered the best one
- an advantageous starting position
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012