- of or relating to a polymer.
- (of compounds) having the same elements combined in the same proportion but different molecular weights.
Origin of polymeric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for polymeric
Historical Examples of polymeric
The substance investigated was acetaldehyde, C2H4O, in its relation to paraldehyde, a polymeric modification.
- of, concerned with, or being a polymera polymeric compound
Word Origin for polymeric
C19: from Greek polumerēs having many parts
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Having the properties of a polymer.
- Of or relating to polymeria.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.