- of or relating to a polymer.
- (of compounds) having the same elements combined in the same proportion but different molecular weights.
Origin of polymeric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for polymeric
The substance investigated was acetaldehyde, C2H4O, in its relation to paraldehyde, a polymeric modification.
- of, concerned with, or being a polymera polymeric compound
C19: from Greek polumerēs having many parts
Word Origin and History for polymeric
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Having the properties of a polymer.
- Of or relating to polymeria.