- to cause to be potent; make powerful.
- to increase the effectiveness of; intensify.
Origin of potentiate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for potentiate
Historical Examples of potentiate
It's clean enough to ask any potentiate of Europe to eat off'n any spot in it.Vacation with the Tucker Twins
- to cause to be potent
- med to increase (the individual action or effectiveness) of two drugs by administering them in combination with each other
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- To make potent or powerful.
- To enhance or increase the effect of a drug.
- To promote or strengthen a biochemical or physiological action or effect.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.