[noun pree-kon-trakt; verb pree-kuh n-trakt, -kon-trakt]
- to bind by means of a precontract.
- to contract for or agree to do (something) by means of a precontract.
- to make a precontract.
Origin of precontract
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a contract or arrangement made beforehand, esp a betrothal
- to betroth or enter into a betrothal by previous agreement
- to make (an agreement, etc) by prior arrangement
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012