- the active voice.
- a form or construction in the active voice.
SYNONYMS FOR active
LEARN THE SPANISH WORDS FOR THESE COMMON ANIMALS!
Origin of active
synonym study for active
OTHER WORDS FROM active
Example sentences from the Web for active
The company had 31 million daily active users during the first nine months of the year, up 82% from the same period in 2019, according to the filing.Roblox files for IPO as pandemic drives video game growth|Verne Kopytoff|November 20, 2020|Fortune
We also recommend cutting back on workouts in athletes with signs of active pericarditis.Teen athletes with even mild COVID-19 can develop heart problems|Partho Sengupta|November 18, 2020|Science News For Students
Both sides became active when the youngest children tried to understand a sentence.Kids use more of the brain than adults do to process language|Diane Lincoln|November 13, 2020|Science News For Students
Sephora has a pre-approved group of employee influencers who are active on TikTok, which Vox called the “Sephora Squad.”Retailers are pushing their employees to become TikTok influencers|jim cooper|November 11, 2020|Digiday
Netflix has already been more active in dispensing its programming outside of its own platform.TV networks cut costs to confront shrinking profits amid streaming shift|Tim Peterson|November 11, 2020|Digiday
British Dictionary definitions for active
- producing or being used to produce profit, esp in the form of interestactive balances
- of or denoting stocks or shares that have been actively bought and sold as recorded in the Official List of the London Stock Exchange
- containing a source of poweran active network
- capable of amplifying a signal or controlling some functionan active component; an active communication satellite
- the active voice
- an active verb